Monday, September 20, 2010

My bedroom

It's been a little bit of a rough morning! My little man broke my brand new Scentsy warmer in my bedroom that I just got 2 days ago. That triggered a whole bunch of other things that are frustrating me around the house...why we can't keep the carpets or our bedrooms clean to save our lives, and how everywhere I look, there are smudge marks and fingerprints of some sort. I guess it just comes with having little ones, especially twins. Anyways...enough with my pity party...

I wanted to share some of my favorite things about my bedroom. I love the Ralph Lauren shade of gray that I painted it when we first bought the house.
Even 3 years later, and I'm still not sick of the color! We also installed some crown molding at the top, to make it look more neat and clean...and posh :)

This lamp shade I got at Wal-Mart for $10, and I love the rectangle shape of it. The base I found at Home Depot on Clearnace for around $15



This was supposed to be a temporary home for this mirror, but I kinda like how it is propped up against the wall next to our bed. I don't think it will stay there forever, but it looks good there for now. I bought if for $20 from a friend who just recently got married and moved to Idaho. It is made from old barn window in Wyoming. I love stuff that is reclaimed!



My Damask bedding! I've also had this for 3 years, and usually I want to change out prints by then, but this is just a classic. The bed set was given to us from my parents, and I originally wanted to stain it black to go with the bedding, but my husband wouldn't let me, and I'm now glad he didn't. Suprisingly, this brown looks good with the grays, blacks, and whites. It warms up the space a little bit.



This is a print that my best friend bought for me on the streets of Paris, France! It is framed in an IKEA frame. It works perfectly hung above the bed.



One of my favorite pictures of my husband Danny and me. It was taken just 2 days before he left for his mission to Washington DC and I wasn't going to be able to see or talk to him for 2 whole years. In this photo, we had already been dating for 2 years.



I couldn't resist this Adam & Eve print. It works in our master bedroom, and I think it is very fitting for the space :)




No comments:

Post a Comment