Monday, April 26, 2010

Cabin Style

Yesterday evening, we went up the mountain to visit one of my husband's work pals. When we got to his house, I was in love..it was my dream house! And no, it wasn't this giant perfect mansion. It was a modest sized cabin style home that was begging for me to give it some love and tlc. It had wood beams on the ceiling, a wrap around porch, and a cute little kitchen that had a fabulous view of the ocean. To live there would be divine. Oh how I love it!

So today, I felt compelled to do a post about ceiling wood beams. I want some in my home. They can be added to a ceiling for decorative purposes, they don't just have to be structural. Here are some inspiring pictures that I love...see how they add such coziness?!

This cabin in Park City, Utah


This photo from Vermont Timber Works


This Lydecker House


Can you tell that I want some wood on my ceilings?!

Hope you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment