Monday, April 12, 2010

Affordable Art Week


Today I'm be kicking off Affordable Art Week, where each day this week I'll feature a very inexpensive way to put some nice artwork onto those walls. I think that a lot of times, people aren't sure how or what to put up onto their walls, so hopefully this week I'll give you some new ideas.

For today, I wanted to share a few websites that I've used to purchase art prints, rather than buying already framed art, which can get very expensive!

Art.com

Allposters.com

You can find almost anything on here! Any style, any color, ANYTHING! This is where I found the art print for my entryway. If you buy the prints this way, and then find some inexpensive frames at thrift stores, flea markets, and/or garage sales, it will cost way less then buying already framed art.

I love vintage prints. While shopping in Bed Bath & Beyond one day, I saw this Vogue print and HAD to have it! But instead of buying it there, I found the print online and had a frame for it, which ended up being half the price of what the store wanted. Now it is hanging up in my master bathroom and it is fabulous!

If you have a frame that is a little bigger than the print you want to use, you can make your own matting using cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment