Monday, June 21, 2010

See what paint can do? My mini chair re-do

I finished sanding and repainting the tiny rocking chair that I bought at a garage sale for $2! It is the cutest little chair, and the total project cost me $2 just for the cost of the chair. I used my electric sander that I got for Christmas, and I had a free sample quart of white Glidden paint. My kids love sitting in it, and it looks super cute in their rooms.

Here is the before:



I really think this chair is atleast 50 years old. The paint was super old and had multiple layers of paint, so it took A LONG time to sand completely. I was worried about the paint containing lead, since it was common in paint back then so I wore a doctor's mask every time I sanded it so I couldn't breathe it in.

Here is the after:



Much better, right? A fresh coat of paint work wonders!

I am currently working on the other chair that I bought at that same garage sale, also for $2. It is going in a nook in my bedroom, and I am excited for the end result. I am re-upholstering it in a red and white houndstooth! My goal was to get it done before I head to Santa Cruz on Wednesday for a vacation, but I don't think it is going to happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment